La Bandita is on the border between Umbria and Tuscany and 2km from Castiglione del Lago, one of the 30 most beautiful villages in Italy. Lake Trasimeno offers many cultural experiences and well-being surrounded by magnificent landscapes.
- Trekking with donkeys in the wonderful scenary of Trasimeno hills.
- One day fishing with professional fishers of Trasimeno.
- 1,5 Km riding school.
- boating lake.
- bike rental.
- Old Town: Museum Duke of Corgna.
- bicycle lane gravel 14-km from Castiglione del Lago, which winds through the fields and the boundaries of the Park to San Feliciano.
- Isola Maggiore: Lace Museum.
- Isola Polvese: Scientific and Educational Park.
- Monte del Lago: Aganoor-Pompilj House.
- San Feliciano: Fishing Museum.
- Panicarola: golf course.
- San Casciano Bagni: Spa.
- Chiusi: Etruscan Museum.
- Cortona: the Franciscan sanctuary Cell.
- Activities and sport on Sibillini Mountains: 10% discount with La Bandita HERE
Presence of birds of prey like harrier, eagle owls and osprey. Are also stork, bittern, whooper swan, wigeon, mallard, tufted duck, wild geese, Merganser, knight of Italy, gull, coot, moorhen, grebe. There are also heron with about 2,000 heads.
Areas with more presence of birds are made accessible by permanent observation facilities and electric boat tours with Oasis Valley located in the town of Magione, managed by Legambiente. The boat tour of the oasis of about 1,000 ha is approximately 2 hours and and allows the quiet observation of birds.
La Bandita is for WWF The Earth Hour.
43.11.20 N - 012.02.38 E
Chiusi km.20, Cortona km.15, Chianciano Terme km.25, Montepulciano km.25, Pienza km.30, Arezzo km.40, Siena km.65, Montalcino km.70, Firenze km.90
Città della Pieve km.15, Perugia km.30, Assisi km.40, Orvieto km.45, Gubbio km.56, Todi km.60, Spoleto km.80, Cascate delle Marmore km.110,